Tuesday 28 October 2014

#OOTD Stay Warm, Look Wonderful: Comfy Winter Cheats


Yesterday was a beautifully crisp Monday, after deciding that my cold had got all the rest time it deserved, I forced my self to venture outside. Obviously, seeing as I was barely fit for the land of the living, I wanted to be as comfortable (and warm) as possible, and so sought alternative ways to inject some glamour into my outfit.


The Look.
Embracing colour is a great way to look fabulous and stay warm.
Whilst colour popping is great, in order to keep it chic, it is essential to use complimenting colours in a subtle, non brash way. 

I decided to embrace the seasons trending colours by infusing my outfit with berry reds- beautiful yet understated, this colour can appear multiple times in your look without making you look overdone.
I opted for a berry coloured jumper I got from Zara, Loafers that I got from a second hand shop and a vintage fur hat that I got at a second hand shop. To tie it all in, I chose a berry coloured lipstick called Dare by Sleek. See how to get the look below.









Get the Look

Shoes:
Stroke of luck- whilst I did not get my shoes this year, or from Zara, it is amazing that Zara happen to have THE EXACT SAME ONES in stock now (lucky you) ! This season it is all about stylish flats- save your feet some trouble and go get yours!



Jumper
My jumper was from Zara last season, so here is an exciting alternative from ASOS. The collar is detachable. It really does not get more comfy than this



Jeans.

These jeans are so comfy and well fitting. Hollister is great for comfy denim, that keeps its shape. What is even better news, is that all their denim is on sale for £39. Stock up on yours now (I did!)



With fur, I only buy vintage or second hand as it is pointless getting new fur. If you would like a hat like this  it is best to buy from a vintage shop, as they have plenty great ones and it avoids more animals needlessly dying.

see this link for some great vintage fur hats Click Here



Lips.
What pulls it all together. Sleeks wonderful Dare lipstick. Available at SuperDrug or online:
Sleek Dare Lipstick £4.99

All my pictures were taken by the Gorgeous Anna, see us below! Check out her blog at http://princess-anna-anastasia.tumblr.com/



SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig