Sunday 23 November 2014

Fresh Faced Sunday's: My Guide to faking the natural look



If you know me, you'll know that I am ever partial to a bold red lip. However someday's its nice to do the 'natural' look. Now of course, most girls will know that there is in fact nothing natural about a natural make up look. No it takes ages of careful application, highlighting and contouring to achieve that "who me? I woke up like this" look.After years of perfecting my method, I have finally settled on the following products to achieve natural perfection. Prices will vary depending on where you get your products so I have listed is an average guide based on what I paid.

1. All about that base. As any one of the flawless people who work at MAC will tell you, good make-up is all about the base. I love the radiant effect and so I use the Mac Strobe Cream, I let it dry before applying the primer. I have used a few pre make-up creams from Mac, and this is my favourite.




Both around £24
Followed by Mac Primer, Their standard primer. Works well for me.



Face

Next I have started to use the Mac BB cream (around £24), mixed with some Pro Longwear. The reason I do this is I find mixing the colours makes the colour of the BB cream much more natural to my skin tone, and also lasts a bit longer. I also do this because I find the ProLongwear to be a bit too heavy for the natural look. Once I have applied my base foundation of the two mixed up, I then go back over and apply some ProLongwear to my chin and the bottom half of my face, as this is where it tends to fade more, and it doesn't matter too much if my chin has more makeup than around my eyes. I want to keep around the eyes light to avoid creasing.I apply the BB cream & Pro Longwear mix using my fingers first, and then blend in with their amazing brush

Concealers.

I use 3 types.
1. Studio Fix Concealer, to cover up dark blemishes. I apply this with my fingers, this warms up the concealer and makes it go on better.
2. For under my eyes, I use a mineralise conceal (because it isn't as heavy) and is a shade lighter than my skin. This is for the highlighting look.
3. For serious highlighting, in the centre of my nose, eyebrow arches and under the cheek bone,  I use Collection 2000 Fair concealer (basically any concealer 2-3 shades lighter than your skin tone) in a stick form and draw lines in the necessary areas, then BLEND!!! If you are not sure where to highlight and where to contour, follow this image,



Contour.

See those dark areas in the pic below? To achieve the cheekbones I was not born with I use Mac Studio fix concealer, the same as the one above in a shade that is a chocolate colour. Very similar to the colour in the picture. I put this on my cheek bones, then BLEND. I don't really contour my nose as I like the size of it, but I do put highlighter in the centre.
I then go over my Cheeks with some neutral brown blush. I love Sahara from Sleek. Its like a bronzer with a hint of pink.
Sleek Sahara £4.99 from SuperDrug

Lips and Eyes

For the eyes I use champagne colours from Avon Master Collection Palette, and stick to the top row you can see there,. Starting with the lightest in the corners of my eye and a darker at the end. Not too dark mind, you want a very subtle smokey eye. The exact eyeshadow combinations you use depend on your skin tone.  but be sure to stick to natural browns. I then line with cheap MUA eye liner (£1)n and use Avon Lux rose gold mascara (£9.00 from Avonshop.co.uk)


For lips, I use some Blistex, and the same dark concealer I used for my cheeks. I don't like lighter concealer on your lips, you look dead, but a darker colour works quite well.
To set the look, I go over my chin with the Mac Mineralize powder & spray with the fix spray.

And there you have it a rough rough guide to how to look like your aren't wearing tonnes of make up when you in fact are.  Happy fooling people!




SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig