Wednesday 15 October 2014

Well being Wednesday, Classic Style, Classic Comforts.




It was a rainy day in London and so I set about spoiling myself. Nothing cheers me up like a floaty skirt, wholly impractical- blissfully optimistic.

A classic vintage under skirt made for a retro 50's look, I often get head turns and compliments whenever I wear it, I think its because in a sea of suits and frowns, its unusual to see a smiling girl in a floaty skirt- especially on a rainy day.

I got the under skirt from Vivienne of Holloway for around £50 and originally bought it for a dress I got at the same time. It was a bit of a begrudged purchase as I wasn't convinced I would get anymore wear out of it outside of the dress, but soon after that I found this skirt from Zara and now the outfit combo's are endless.


Anyway, shuffling through London, I decided I would like a coffee or 3 and Starbucks just wouldn't cut it. In the end I opted for the Berners Tavern in the London Edition Hotel. The tucked away hotel off of Upper Oxford St is a popular meeting place. I loved the high ceilings, classic luxury decor and being treated like a lady. And so I ordered coffees and settled down to read London College of Fashion's Pigeons & Peacocks Magazine (which is brilliant by the way go get it- in stores now). I know it is just coffee, but sometimes it's the little things that make the day delightful.

All in all an excellent day.

The little things in life matter, treat yourself once in a while.

Love,

Life by Lois

Outfit:

Crop top River Island
Skirt Zara
Lips, Rimmel
Jacket Topshop
Shoes Clarks
Underskirt: Vivienne of Holloway



SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig