Saturday 19 September 2015

BallyGarry House Hotel and Spa Review Part 1






Looking out on to the backdrop of rolling hills, tall grass, trees and mountains, I sit in a white pod, engulfed in cushions, courted by the sweet melody of classical music and utterly content.  Living in London, one of the busiest cities in the world, 'content' is not a feeling that I regularly experience. London is all about the next, the hustle, getting there- being first. It is a place where 'room for improvement' is the constant grade and for the most part I love it- yet ever so often I have to escape. So here I am, in Tralee Kerry Ireland at the BallyGarry Hotel and Spa. 





After last nights partying till 4 am during the annual Listowel Races Ladies day, Kieran and I opted against round two of madness in Dublin for the All Ireland Final and instead opted to recharge. We booked easily online in minutes via the BallyGarry House website: http://www.ballygarryhouse.com . Choosing their overnight spa deal we received  2 nights for 2 people, with Breakfast, Dinner and 50 euro off a spa treatment each included for only £211.

I know - what the heck?! Almost too good to be true, but when we reached the lobby of the 4 star hotel and were were greeted by really warm staff I realised that today, we had booked well. 

                               








Decorated in soothing neutral tones our room boasted A king sized bed, 4 chair seating area, large modern stone bathroom with a bath and separate shower and a real coffee machine (this sealed the deal for me). 



After getting settled we headed to the spa to book a treatment for the next day with the beautiful, friendly and so helpful spa host Bonnie. Treatments range from beauty (tanning, nails, facials) to Aromatherapy, massages and detoxing wraps. My back has been at me so I booked a hot stone back massage for 45 minutes this was £70 but with our voucher it was £20 difference to pay.  

Once booked we were then free to head to the facilities - which are breath taking. An in ground out door hot tub over looks the Kerry hills, a shower with 3 settings - including 'mist' preps you for the " Herbal Glass Sauna,  a dry sauna described as "a traditional dry sauna experience with intensifying dry heat, infused with herbal essences to induce a deep state of relaxation". I found that the dry heat soothed my muscle aches. The view of the hot tub and hills are visible from the dry sauna, and I soaked in the back drop as the stress left my body. Next: "The Crystal Steam Room", where Humid heat and colour therapy is enhanced with eucalyptus essence to improve restoration  and detoxify the body". The Crystal Steamroom is a refreshing change after the dry heat, this room and I definitely noticed that the infused humid air was great for my breathing.



Top tip:  I usually use saunas as a chance to deep condition my hair. The heat is great for penetrating hair follicles. As this was a last minute trip I didn't have my conditioning stuff so regrettably missed out on this hair treat experience but it's a great tip for next time you're at a spa ;) 




After some time in the wet sauna  we headed to the relaxation room which over looks a beautiful garden, set In front of the famous Kerry mountains. Here there are large pods, water, ice, berry juice and magazines. As spa music plays my body finally switched gear into relaxation mode. And here my loves I must leave you, sleep is calling.


Stay tuned for my part 2 , on my treatment, dinner and breakfast.


SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig