Sunday 19 October 2014

OOTD: Casual City Chic





Ever since I bought this high drama wool hat from H&M the other day, and I have basically been finding excuses to wear it as much as possible. Yesterday my sister and I were headed on a shopping trip around Selfridges and I wanted to look chic, but comfy in a look that could go easily from day to night, and this is what I came up with.


Dress

The dress is actually a silk evening dress from H&M. Simply cut, it reminds me of a 90s dress. The last time I wore it was new years and I have never actually thought about wearing it out, but yesterday the hat gave me courage. The dress is low cut at the back, I wore a low cut camisole leotard underneath, which also aided keeping my tummy in ;)

Jacket

A casual slouchy jacket from Zara. I got this on sale for around £29.99.

Shoes

The shoes are also Zara, and are a godsend. Punky and cool totally acceptable and chic flat shoes that allowed me to shop and keep my feet- win win.

Makeup


I am really liking brown dark lips for fall with an other wise natural face and lined eyes with copper tones & eyeliner.

Accessories:

Gold is back this season, and I am embracing it. Simplistic, not to chunky and paired with black, it becomes anything but dated.

When it came to night, I simply put on some black stilettos, took of the jacket, and let my figure do its thing.




 


SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig