Monday 18 February 2013

Burberry AW 2013 Collection LFW The Brilliant the Bad and the Baffling.


Whilst remaining overall impressive, this AW13 Burberry collection found me tut tutting for large segments of the show. A victim of extremes, it was far to garish for my taste in some places ...








       



... and far too dull in others.



Yawn . 
And the models wore flats  :(


 There were elements that had me screaming WHY?! 

( HATE that tacky gold heart on an otherwise beautifully elegant dress... this isn't GAP kids)





The Brash: Shiny PVC and Leopard print was reminiscent of something that would fascinate the ladies of Absolutely Fabulous or young Pat Butcher.

Still there were other redeeming pieces in the collection that saved the day, ensuring that all in all I would grade this to be another success for Christopher Bailey. I would not mark it up there with previous collections, no, this had decidedly less POW! (For want of a better expression). 

 However this is Burberry - and with the talented Christopher at the helm there is always a bright side, today it was that if anything, I can certainly say there was something for everyone. 

Ever the optimist, here I have compiled my favorite looks from the show.


Statement Skirts






Super sexy and work friendly- If you cant wear this at your office I suggest you change career ( live a little) these skirts were definitely doing it for me. The right balance of elegance and extravagance they are the definition of a classic night to day statement look. Love it.


Daring Dresses.










In the words of Biggie these dresses were sicker than your average. Although I do not know many who could get away with wearing the first one ( myself included), who cares?! With the hefty price tag, its not like it was designed for the masses....and if you can wear that dress- financially and otherwise- I say rock it!


Coats for Coveting




 The contrasts in fabrics and textures within a nude pallet make this by far my favorite look ^



 Love the elegant simplicity of this coat ^







On the whole, the coats were by far the best part of the collection, but what else would you expect from over a century of quality coat making. If you write the book, you can change the rules.

So yes, all in all a good job by Burberry....although the over all collection was not as interestng as previous years, Burberry remains still, as always, leaps ahead of their competition.

L A W on Life.... If your far ahead , occasionally you can slow down. Occasionally.

Love,

Lois Aymes Wilson






SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig