Tuesday 26 February 2013

Oscars Glam : Best Dressed 2013

Well if you're anything like me, barricaded in by the relentless icy grip of winter, its nice to see someone, somewhere wearing something strapless. These Hollywood stars made me smile, vicariously enjoying their moment in the sun. I mean forget the dresses , I would swap with a homeless man in Hollywood right now. Any whoo these dresses were too beautiful to not share so here it is my Annual Oscars Best Dressed.

1.
 Giorgio Armani

Boom - that's one sexy Red Head!Jessica Chastain expertly avoids making her fair skin washed out with the wrong colours. This beautiful golden nude dress with art deco detail  crystal overlay is to die for, making her my favourite look of the day. 
L A W // of life know your look & work it be you to the fullest.
Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra

This is bitter sweet for me because I don't love K-Stew -  she usually looks grungy, dirty and awkward but  this is none of these things. I love how she looks in this beautiful Reem Acra Couture dress. I love Reem Acra ( see earlier NYFW post) and Kristen  makes this gown look young and chic. So yeah, she's alright... it turns out a beautiful dress can change everything. Go Kristen.


Woohoo! My girl,  the beautiful Kerry Washington is all shades of happening in this Mui Mui gown. Elegantly understated, Kerry decides against jewellery and allows the bold neck embellishment to do the talking. She looks a million bucks.


Valentino knows how to dress a woman , and Jenifer Aniston looks beautiful in this bold red evening gown, with a luxuriously full skirt and sculpted waist.


Charlize Theron lets her face do the talking with her cropped haircut and simplistic Dior white gown, complimented subtly with Harry Winston Jewellery.



I may just like this because it's Jenifer Hudson and I am impressed with how great she looks for losing all that weight- I don't usually like front slits ( tacky) but I do like the fabric and shimmer of this midnight blue fitted dress. So yes I guess its not just Jen, I do love this Valentino gown.


George Clooney's plus one Stacy Keibler ensures all eyes are on her in this bold yet subtle, powerful yet elegant Naeem Khan metallic gown.


                      Amy Adams floats on a cloud in this dreamy Oscar De La Renta gown.

 Guilty pleasure here as this gold may be criticised by some for being a bit tacky, but I just love how regal Catherine Zeta Jones looks in this Zuhair Murad gown.



Sandra Bullock looks as lovely as the night sky ( corny but whatever) in this Elie Saab beaded gown

SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig