Wednesday 21 October 2015

Make Up MVP's


While you not have the entourage of Rhianna (yet) you can definitely build an arsenal of products that work perfectly and tirelessly throughout the day to keep you looking Yonce flawless. Makeup is my guilty pleasure, and of all my collections, gets updated the most regularly. I am constantly on the hunt for the next best product that will just bring me to entirely new levels of fleek.

Within my over flowing makeup bag I have a few MVP's that deserve a shout out. Starting with the newest first:

1. Sleek cream to powder oil free foundation.

I love Sleek for their range of products specially tailored to women of colour. I have been looking for a contour powder for a while now, I had a mac concealer but felt that it wasn't quite right. The other day on a Superdrug binge I came across this. It is usually a cream foundation but when purchased in darker shades works perfectly for contour. It's light air whipped texture means it is so easy to expertly buffer and blend. Another thing I REALLY like about it is that because it is a cream, you can apply with lip gloss to your lips to give them a great nude tone for darker skin tones. Yaas honey. 2 in one thats my jam. You can get this at £7.99 Superdrug Buy 

2. Real Techniques foundation brush

These brushes are such a great price and really compare well in quality to the more expensive Mac brushes. This one is fluffy yet firm and it is the perfect weight to buffer in contour and foundation.
Just make sure you wash regularly to retail fluffiness. I use super drugs, B cosmetics brush cleaner spray.

Brush £8.99


3. Bare Minerals Liquid Foundation

Ok so what I wanted was a foundation which looked flawless, was undetectable and covered blemishes. I had heard of bare minerals products before , but stayed away because I thought they had very little coverage and were mainly for people with near perfect skin. How wrong I was...

My main reason for foundation is to cover my uneven skin tone (hyper pigmentation ) and dark marks, I just happened past the bare minerals counter and on a whim thought- let's see what you got.

The makeup artist suggested liquid for me, which is in line with the natural dewy finish I love. The foundation used is called, Bare Minerals Brightening Serum Foundation, and is applied with an unusual buffer brush- this brush is crucial for application, and although I was sceptical about paying out for new foundation plus brush, now I have applied it at home, I can guarantee this to be a needed component. The brush just makes it ridiculously flawless and easy to apply.

How I used it
To prep -
Moisturiser : Mac Strobe Cream
Primer : Mac Natural Radiance (yellow tone)

Application

Foundation : Shake the bare minerals foundation well, as it does not contain mixants, drop 2 -3 drops in the centre of the brush, and then buffer on in circular motion. Add more drops and buffer as needed.I was so impressed with the level of coverage this foundation gives , all the while looking and feeling lightweight- like I had nothing on!

Bare Minerals Liquid Foundation £20.80 Feel Unique Buy

4. Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer.

When this product says pro long wear it does not lie. I love the long lasting nature of this because I really hate when my scars start to show through.This product is perfect for layering over foundation to cover scars or hyper pigmentation. Although it is a small bottle it really does last long. One small pump can cover all my scars, use with a fluffy concealer brush and lightly buffer in to cover blemishes. 

£17.50 House of Fraser Buy


5. Mac Prep & Prime Finishing Powder.

I have recently started to use this for my highlight, similar to the way that people use Ben Nye Banana powder (which I also have). This is great for lighter skin tones and those who perhaps want a more dramatic night time look. To apply, lighty tap out powder, and use a sponge to apply generously on your highlight concealer. Let sit whilst you move on to your contour, once you are done brush off the excess powder with a fluffy brush.

£20.50 House of Fraser Buy


6. Avon Luxe Collection Eyeshadow

Subtle golds, pinks and corals, this is a great go to day time palette. 6 shades of eyeshadow compacts available with complimenting rose gold edition mascara, for a subtle yet dramatic look.

Rose Gold Edition Mascara £9.00
Lux Eyeshadow Compact £10

Gorgeous wallet by Ted Baker. This came with my pink Shopper Bag. Trimmed in rose gold, this handy clutch is included with bag purchases. I often bring it with me on nights out and get complimented on it so much. It is very strong and versatile as far as blending into outfits. Ted Baker They are now doing a glittery version of this clutch. Shop the collection of bags here
SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig