Wednesday 14 October 2015

Bally Garry Hotel Review Part Two





So it has been a while since my part one review. Perhaps it's because my body was so relaxed that it has taken me a while to get back into work mode.

Anyway- part two has us at dinner and the actual spa experience. After a very relaxing day of using the spa facilities I was so chilled out I could not really be bothered to dress in my full 'dinner' attire (think Downton Abbey) so I made my way to the restaurant casual.

We had booked our dinner slot upon arrival, when we got to the restaurant we were warmly greeted and shown to our table. Our waiter was SO lovely and friendly. She was a young Irish girl with a lovely smile and funny conversation. She was very helpful advising on the courses and even brought out a complimentary starter for us to try which was absolutely delicious.

I ordered a fish dish for the main course and Kieran ordered lamb with seasonal veg. The portions were very large and filling- definitely great value for money- especially as this was all included in the original price.



The following morning, after what may have been the most relaxing sleep of my life- I made my way to the spa treatment area for my hot stone massage. The treatment area is designed beautifully. A waterfall water feature gives the soft sound of water whist the dim light and welcoming aroma just put you in a good place. My therapist was again a lovely lady, she asked me about my preferred pressure. OH MY GOD this massage was everything! I am not usually one for massages as I am an active person and get kind of bored. I also enjoy good pressure and find that people usually are not as firm as I would like. The lady who did my massage spotted my problem area, and got to work with just the right amount of pressure. I quickly fell asleep. I did not want it to end. It was hands down the best massage I have had- and I have had a few.

After the massage was over I really didn't want to get up- and this is why the relaxation room was so appreciated. It was so nice to be able to take a short walk to a cocoon in a beautiful room and just lay down and sleep it off. There was a fruit smoothie, fresh fruit and water to greet me. The nap I had after this massage was the best sleep I have had in ages. I'm not going to lie, I slept for over 2 hours! And it was so nice of no one to bother me!

Once I got myself up, I was able to get ready in the spa changing rooms, which had everything from a shower, to large mirrors, high quality blowdryers and quality straighteners- all this is to say that I came out the spa looking like Kim Kardashian...and really, what more can a girl want ;)


SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig