Thursday 10 September 2015

OOTD & Happy Hour On The Horizon



Today was a great day of late summer sunshine, rewarding meetings and strolls with my bestie. This week coming up to Fashion Week has been a busy buzz and so when I got a break- I decided to enjoy my high point above the clouds.

I fell in love with the The Shard long before its opening, when I visited for a Thomas Sabo new collection party in the then pre open shard. At the time it was empty, no restaurants, just a promising shell elegantly peering over the expansive city scape. Now however it is a buzz of activity- hosting a hotel and Resturants  AquaShard and Oblix.



I have been to Oblix a few times, namely for my 25th birthday earlier this year ( which was a stunning candle lit affair over Londons twinkling skyline) Today however, it was daylight and I figured perfect time for Margharita's and Empire Artisan Chocolates.




Pairing Empires Sea Salt and Pistachio with my zesty Margharita's I had the best time laughing and talking over Londons unusually visible skyline. 

The Shard is a hit and miss kind of place depending on the weather. On a cloudy day, it can feel pointless- a cruel tease to know all that amazing view is out there - but you can't see it. However catch a bright one like today- and its amazing. 

Having the view going for it - it doesn't take much more for Oblix to stay winning over other London bars. Yet, far from resting in the clouds- it has a great  has a fantastic atmosphere, live jazz, raw stone , warm lighting and great food and bad eats ( think lamb cutlets and tapas style hearty dishes) add that killer cocktails and I'm more than happy. It's a great place to spend happy hour on a successful day. 





SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig