Sunday 28 February 2016

City Getaway at The Hampton Hotel Dublin



In contrast to London, Dublin poses the alluring potential of a calmer city break getaway. Small enough yet big enough, it boasts a bustling night life, busy city centre and  all the brands and shops one would expect from a respectable city. A stones throw from the city centre in a beautiful part of town lies The Hampton Hotel, a stunning white front Victorian period building.



Inside you'll find warm modern decor which lends to an intimate boutique feel. We stayed in the luxury suite which boasted a fire place, a sofa and the most comfortable King sized bed I have ever slept in. 

  The large sleek and modern bathroom was 5* all the way. Every detail designed to the pique of luxury. The best thing was I did not have to share any thing with Kieran. His and hers was a common theme, with side by side his and her power showers, his and her sinks and his and her toilets (yes there were two separate toilets. However the pinnacle of this exquisite room was the mammoth sized bath, it had to be the deepest and longest bath I had seen. I could fully lie down in it.


After taking a tour of the room I vowed that I would for once, truly enjoy every feature all 24 hours of it. I cancelled my plans to go out in favour of,  room service ,red wine, a gourmet burger and Netflix.


The next morning, determined to get a dunk in that bath, I somehow managed to detach my self from the beds spongy embrace to run a hot steamy bath. Red wine in one hand Cosmo in the other I laid back and just soaked.

Warm and pampered I thought why trouble my pampered bubble to go down for breakfast? 5 mins after ordering Kieran and I were eating breakfast in bed.  The perfect finish to a relaxing weekend.  Who says that city breaks can't be rejuvinating? If you find yourself in Dublin - look up the Hampton Hotel. 👌🏽


SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig