Monday 8 February 2016

Barbados Dreaming

Ahhh! This cold weather has me reminiscing about brighter days in Barbados. When the north wind threatens to blow your fur hat off, it is hard to believe that only 8 hours away and 2 weeks ago I was in a place where a bikini could be worn mid December, and my hair dried within 10 mins. Here nothing dries quickly, at this moment nothing reminds me of that more than my defiantly icy cold sock still wet after a puddle I stepped into what must me 30mins ago.

Two things keep my Barbados dreaming alive : 1 is my tan in winter (winning) 2 is my holiday pictures, which I took to make my friends jealous whilst I was away, but now only serve as a painful reminder of how warm it is somewhere that is not here.

Do winter breaks help make winter easier or do they just make it harder to adjust to winter life?
I don't know to be honest, but if you do fancy a winter break British Airways and Virgin offer breaks after the new year to Barbados for £500 return.

Infact I met an Australian Girl at my favourite bar (La Perla) who after hearing me say I went to Barbados this winter, told me she was headed the next day. She told me she paid £470 for her return flights with BA. Considering I just came back and my flights cost over £2,000 I was so jealous I could have throttled her.  What a difference a few days make!



Contrast Bikini. Perfect for supporting full chests. I got so many compliments, you can buy from a range of places including Asos. If you are lucky enough to be going to a winter break, I have located one is on sale on Asos for £6.00 buy here



Random man no relation lol




High waisted bikini briefs are great for hiding le muffin top. I brought these on sale from New Look.

SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig