Saturday 15 February 2014

CSM New Kids Show Some Old Dogs New Tricks

Whilst eagerly perusing the aftermath of the first two days of London Fashion Week I was strangely disappointed with the offering from London's trusted crew of designers. I found the collections either too safe (Orla Kiely) or too abstract and over all unattractive to the eye ( JW Anderson). Overall I found both ends of the spectrum, how do I say it uninspiring. It's like these guys are fully out of true innovation and inspiration. I was about to let out an all mighty sigh and give up, when I stumbled upon the CSM MA grad show. These kids had most defiantly poured their heart and soul into their finals, and the result was what fashion should be pure art. New, liberating, engaging, thought- provoking works or genius. Textures, silhouettes, colours and fabrics were experimented with to create brilliant masterpieces. I think that the established designers can learn learn some tricks from these NewGen designers. I say evolve or make way for the future, because it is most certainly bright.

See for yourself below...















SHARE:
© LIFE BY LOIS | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig